Novak Djokovic reveals his next target after Paris Masters runner-up finish
Since he has stated that his current focus is on competing in the ATP Finals, Novak Djokovic believes he is playing "really excellent tennis." Djokovic reached his third indoor swing final of the year last week in Paris.
Djokovic lost in a shock to Holger Rune, who stunned the Serb 3-6 6-3 7-5, in his ninth Paris final. The ATP Finals are the only remaining event on Djokovic's 2022 itinerary. At this point in my career, every tournament matters.
Everywhere I play, I aim to succeed. That's a known fact. I kind of approach and think like that going into Torino. I'm in great shape on the court. As quoted by Sportskeeda, "You know, I think I'm playing very, very good tennis."
Djokovic has since advanced to the final of the Paris Masters eight times and won the competition six times. Djokovic believed he was clearly in an excellent position to win the match after defeating Rune in the opening set.
Djokovic's most recent defeat in a Paris final occurred in 2018, when Karen Khachanov shocked him. "I'm upset that I lost today, but I came so close. The winner was determined by a relatively small number of points.
I play tennis at a high level, though, and I like my prospects. Every game there, of course, is like the championship. There are no simple matches, you know. You must be healthy and fresh. In the group stage, it's a good thing that there is a day in between each match, allowing you to recover "Djokovic pondered.
The ATP Finals are now the centre of Djokovic's attention. Djokovic will go after his sixth victory there. The renowned season-ending competition hasn't been won by Djokovic since 2015.
Comments
Post a Comment